Saturday, March 04, 2006

Resurrecting old hardware

Part of the reason I started this blog, was the previous one sat on my home server became unavailable due to some major hardware failure. Around the same time my other PC stopped working forcing the buying of a new one (I really needed it) and leaving me with a small PC graveyard forming in my house.

Well today I brought one of them back from the brink with several new components and after some searching, hacking and swearing hooked it up to my TV ready to watch any videos or listen to my music collection from the living room rather than using the laptop or sitting in my office all the time.

I might do some more with it and join the home PVR craze but that will need to wait until I can a) be bothered and b) find the time amongst everything else I should be doing...

No comments: