Thursday, November 23, 2006

Christmas is coming...

No I haven't got the date wrong, it is still November (just) but you definitely get the feeling that Christmas will soon be upon us. Obviously the decorations have been in shops since Halloween was done with and the ads are beginning to appear on television with greater frequency. Other signs are the appearance of Christmas lists round at Mum and Dads and of course the Christmas music is out with the bands. SCWB are doing a Christmas concert after the Turner Sims one last weekend (which went very well all things considered) and SUCB have got the now traditional festive encore. The major downside was that we had to play Sleigh Ride tonight, and though I was more comfortable getting the notes under my fingers, it's still never going to be my favorite piece to play.

In other news I managed to get a few games of badminton this week for the first time in around a year+. Still some of the old mistakes but some damn fine shots (even if I do say so myself). The muscles definitely let me know this morning that I'd done it, but a bit of exercise can't go amiss.

Finally we got v7 out the door and so there are drinks tomorrow \o/. It's always good when your manager sends out a meeting notice with a location of the local pub :)

2 comments:

Xiphi said...

That'd explain seeing you in the pub at lunchtime ;o)

Jaffa said...

Congratulations to you and the rest of the team on v7!