Saturday, January 17, 2009

Playing with Tech

One of the things I always liked about being at University was the opportunity to play with new technologies. Whether it was programming languages, operating systems or seeing what was coming up on the horizon.

Once I started working full time, there was still some of that with learning a new product and the technologies it employed. However as time has moved on there's been less of this kind of learning required and I've been working on other things that haven't required quite so much technical knowledge.

This year I'm hoping to get back to some more technical stuff. To that end I've picked up a new PC and am currently learning some C#, which may seem strange for a Linux/Mac/Java fan, but professional considerations need to be taken along with personal feelings about business practices.

We shall see what comes out of all this, I already have a design for one application I want to write so I may use this blog as a place to write up anything I find or to rant about things that don't go so well.

Alongside this I've started using a Twitter account I created ages ago and never got round to using. The more followers the merrier, just be prepared for the random outpourings.

No comments: