Monday, September 29, 2008

Are you kidding me Steve

I've got into using Macs over the last couple of years. I'm sat on my sofa using my Macbook whilst upstairs the Mac Mini is chugging away keeping track of my email and being available for when I need to sit at a desk.

I'm not a zealot on the things, but I have convinced at least one or two other people to use them mainly on the idea that they just work, which they do. Spending most of the day at work trying to get computers to do what we need them to do means I'm less keen to do the same at home when all I want to do is play a few games, read blogs and check out Facebook.

Recently I've noticed that the laptop isn't performing as well as the desktop, and figured it's down to having slightly less memory into the laptop. Ok, not a problem, perfectly possible to upgrade the parts so I toddle off to Apple store to see what the cost is.

Imagine my shock when I spot they're looking to charge £120 for the upgrade. Seemed a bit pricey so I checked out some other sites who offered the same kit for about a quarter of the price. Now I'm not sure how they can justify the mark up on it but needless to say I won't be buying it from them at that price.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I think it's pretty easy to do yourself - something like take out the battery, stick in the memory, replace battery. Though I hope I never actually need to do it myself - I love my mac a little too much to want to risk messing with its insides.