Monday, January 30, 2006

How musical are you?

Loads of people it seems will claim that they are tone deaf mainly because they aren't able to sing in tune with other people. But apparently there is a big difference between not being able to sing and not being able to tell the difference between notes (which is what true tone-deafness is apparently).

While browsing the BBC News website (during my lunch break) I ran across this article which explained the difference and how scientists are getting interested in what appears to be a genetic trait.

This also links to an online test to see how good you are at hearing the differences two samples of music (if they exist). I took it and got 28 out of 30, which I didn't think was too bad, especially as I claim to be a bit of a musician ;)

Have a go and see how well you do...

No comments: